Meet the Family Services Team
Family Resource Coordinator
Work Cell: 360.988.1949 Office Phone: 360.318.2486
Alicia received a BA from Western Washington University in Human Services with a focus on Education. She grew up in Whatcom County, left for a little while, but returned here to raise a family. She likes to take walks, listen to audiobooks, bake, host family parties, and serve in her community.
Alicia looks forward to connecting with you!
360.318.2178 (Habla español)
Content coming soon
Church Network Financial Assistance
Hillcrest Chapel: limited availability by phone, call 360-733-8400
Humanitas Ministry (Bellingham Unitarian Fellowship): accepting requests for assistance by phone 7 days/week, 10 AM to 6 PM. Assistance via check or voucher for clothing, food, utility bills, ID, licensing, and other needs on a case-by-case basis. Call 360-224-5604
Love, INC.: limited availability by phone, call 360-671-6201
Other Church Programs: Hope House, St Paul’s Episcopal Church Almsgiving, and St Vincent de Paul/ Sacred Heart Catholic Church financial assistance program currently closed until further notice
Kinship Families Mental and Behavioral Health Resources
As a kinship caregiver, you can call on your Kinship Navigator for help finding counseling or other mental health services. But if you need assistance when your Navigator is not available, the following resources and contacts may be helpful.
Behavioral health services
• Washington State’s Wraparound with Intensive Services (WISe) offers behavioral health services for Medicaid eligible youth (up to age 21) and their families. Visit hca.wa.gov/ billers-providers-partners/behavioral-health-recovery/wraparound-intensive-services-wise
• Connect with the Washington Recovery Help Line for substance abuse disorder services by calling 1-866-789-1511 or visiting at warecoveryhelpline.org
• Washington State Healthcare Authority provides resources for locating Behavioral Health services. Call 1-360-725-1500 or visit hca.wa.gov/contact-hca
• Unused medications in your home may pose a risk. Find a Take-Back Your Meds location at takebackyourmeds.org.
Kinship caregiver support groups
• Support groups are available in many locations where you can get information, guidance, and share with other kinship caregivers. Visit dshs.wa.gov/kinshipcare (Click on “Support Groups” and select your county or city)
Didn't find what you were looking for? Fill out this request form and someone from the Family Services Team will contact you.